Sunday, November 30, 2008

Don't you hate it when . . .

I hate it when this happens. I bought some beautiful sequined moleskin fabric to make my oldest daughter a skirt for her piano recital. Found a great pattern/tutorial online to make it. Spent half the day putting it together, only to have it turn out . . . well . . . not so well. I now realize the fabric was a little heavy for the type of pattern I selected, but am just about out of time (and really out of energy) to cut the unsuccessful skirt down for repurposing. So, it was off to Target this evening, where, for just under $15, I found a stretchy velvet skirt that looks absolutely adorable on her. With the matching "dressy" T-shirt, she will be the belle of the recital. Do I wish she was going in something beautifully handmade by me? Well, sure. But she's ended up with a great outfit, my mental health is intact and I have several yards of sequined moleskin waiting to be made into something else beautiful. Not the day's work I had hoped for, but not at bad day, nonetheless. Now, on to the rest of that gift list . . . 

No comments: