Saturday, November 29, 2008

Back from Break


Had a wonderful Thanksgiving at the in-laws'. I thought ahead and brought knitting to do, and managed to avoid eating *too* much by keeping my hands busy. The resulting hat, begun on the drive up and finished just as we got back, turned out great. It's a Christmas tree hat, topped with a glow-in-the-dark yarn pompon "star." And, as my two youngest girls have been fighting over it ever since, it looks like I will be knitting at least one more.

I haven't made as much progress on the "Thrifty 50" challenge as I had hoped, but I have been making progress nonetheless. Let's see. The completed gift tally so far is:

  • 8 microwaveable hot packs (2 have already been gifted as birthday presents)
  • 2 nightgowns
  • 2 doll nightgowns
  • 1 pair PJ pants with matching doll pants (the PJ pants are already in use, with the doll pants coming for Christmas)

In process:

  • 2 Reversible Crayon Aprons for the little sisters
  • 1 Reversible Crayon Apron (craft version) for big sis

All three have been cut out and are awaiting sewing time tomorrow.

Still TBC:

  • felted PSP cozy for big brother
  • angel costumes for the little sisters
  • at least 4 more hot packs . . . they make great last-minute and spur-of-the-moment gifts.
  • a pair of fingerless gloves for oldest daughter's piano teacher (time permitting)
  • a skirt for oldest daughter's piano recital (not a gift, but still needs to be done)
  • knitted bowling set for the little girls (a big maybe at this point, but I do already have yarn and supplies)
  • as many doll clothes as time will permit me to finish. I have been saving leftover fabric from the girls' clothes for months and will do my best to use up as much as I can.
  • something for the baby. Ideas, anyone?
There's certainly more that I might be forgetting, but I think that's the bulk of it. It's bound to be a busy, but exciting month!

No comments: